This blog wil be updated almost daily and the topics will be dealing with the daily support of SAP BusinessObjects BI support. So check back daily! Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test

Sunday, April 4, 2010

BO XI 3.1 Installation - CMC Login Error

After I installed BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 on this test server, and tried to logon to the CMC, I got this error message “• Error: Server TESTSERVER001.domain.com:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null

Fig 01 - CMC Logon Error

So I thought I should solve it and did succeed and I thought I should document my solution as well. Hopefully it will help somebody.

My configuration was little complicated than that of a normal scenario. I was on Windows Server 2003 SP2, MS SQL Server 2000 SP2 and Oracle9i Client Release Notes Release 2 (9.2) for Windows.

I tried to login with my own username and password, being having admin privileges. It did not help. I checked CCM; I had four entries in there. Three were up and running.

Fig 02 – Central Configuration Manager

I could not go in the Manage Servers area in CCM with either my username/password nor with Administrator as username and no password (the same one I used at the time of installation). I received this error “Unable to log on: Could not connect to server testserver001.domain.com:6400. Please check that the server name is correct and that the server is running


Fig 03 - Manage Servers error message

I also checked that cms.exe and sia.exe were running as processes in Task Manager.

I did some research on Sheikh Google and found some links that did not gave me a proper solution.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=512077&sid=129a928e38bbb596168099c7ff09f501
http://forumtopics.org/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=643509&sid=80ef528ddeb02850b9bc740712c1343a
https://forums.sdn.sap.com/message.jspa?messageID=6020340
http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8661038&tstart=0
http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=123499&highlight=fwm+01003

The links provided some situations and some solutions that did not help me. I tried reinstalling BusinessObjects once again and ran into same login error messages. Even InfoView gave me the same message and could not login.

By the way, the CMC and InfoView URLs are changed in BO XI 3.1 and not the same as BO XI R2. CMC in 3.1 uses Java to work. So you have to install Tomcat as part of your installation (or any other web server JBoss 4.04, SAP App Server 7.0, IBM WebSphere CE 2.0 and Sun Java App Server 8.2 you planned) and configure it as per the Install and Deployment guide.

http://ServerName:8080/CmcApp/logon.faces
http://ServerName/InfoViewApp/logon.aspx (.NET)
http://ServerName:8080/InfoViewApp/logon.jsp (Java)

These steps helped me fix my problem:

1) Uninstall the BO completely from Add/Remove programs and then also delete the registry as well (important step).
2) Creat a new CMS database in another server which had MS SQL Server 2005 with a specific username TESTUSER01 (in my case this is used as a service account) and a password.
3) Log on to the server TESTSERVER001 with your own username/password or the one used at other server TESTUSER01 and its related password.
4) Now install BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 from scratch on this TESTSERVER001 server.
5) Point this installation to the the newly created CMS database on other server.
6) Bypass and do not configure the CMS password at the time of installation (I believe this was the key factor) and complete the installation.
7) After the installation, see in CCM if services are up and running. Stop SIA, double click open it (or even right click and click properties), uncheck System Account under Log On As provide the same username and password that was used to create CMS Database in the other server. Make sure the username is in the format DOMAIN\username (I believe this was another key factor)
8) Open the CMC website and log in with administrator as username and no password. Now configure administrator password and also other users who can login.
9) Open the Java InfoView and log in with Administrator as username and no password

I hope this will help somebody. Please comment and reply with suggestions or corrections.

*
**
***
****
*****

7 comments:

  1. After the installation, see in CCM if services are up and running. Stop SIA, double click open it (or even right click and click properties), uncheck System Account under Log On As provide the same username and password that was used to create CMS Database in the other server. Make sure the username is in the format DOMAIN\username (I believe this was another key factor)


    Yes It works.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Can you kindly tell me what the CMC url is?

    Thank you.

    -Mhy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I faced the same problem and got resolved with the help of this blog.
    Thank you,
    Banthi

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's work for me... thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I followed the steps 1 to 9 and have been able to access Central Management Console (CMC) successfully. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tableau Data Visualization Software
    SQIAR (http://www.sqiar.com/solutions/technology/tableau) is a leading Business Intelligence company and provides Tableau Software consultancy across United Kingdom and USA.

    ReplyDelete